The chief enemy of creativity... is "good" sense. ~Pablo Picasso

toiletries strung from here to RAGBRAI

So I'm headed to Iowa to ride my bicycle across the state for  a week, camping in people's yards, eating pie in small towns along the way, pulling off to slide down a makeshift slip 'n slide in a ditch, listening to music pumping from the most amazing devices you've seen strapped to the back of bikes.




Surprisingly enough, I'm not alone. 30,000 people do this every year, including Lance Armstrong. Not sure if you've heard of him but he's a really big deal... and he likes to drink beer on RAGBRAI.


Hope that's a Michelob Ultra! ha


As we speak I'm halfway there. I arrived at Peters parents house late last night after some trial and error on the landing by our pilot. The good news is that my toiletry hoarding has proved itself with one redeeming quality as of now. Under the sink was an almost full bottle of Proactiv and my very favorite Aveeno body lotion (which they don't make anymore).




Thankfully... because in packing ahead of time for a weekend triathlon in Seattle, a week of bike riding and camping in Iowa and then a road trip back to California, I managed to NOT pack my Proactiv. And yet... here it is, like a message from the heavens that stressing about toiletries really isn't necessary. This year will work out. At least that's how I'm interpreting it.

I'm lucky if you're still reading this. probably stopped up top when i told you we were riding our bikes across iowa, in july, with Lance.

Hey Lance, Juan Pelota, lucky 7, whatever, we're Team THOR and we know you have one of those extra long school buses for your LIVESTRONG team, but if you wanna come by and check out some custom seating inside a short bus with a wheelchair lift... that'd be cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment