The chief enemy of creativity... is "good" sense. ~Pablo Picasso

The Rules

A few questions have been posed regarding 'the rules' - so here's what I've come up with.

Toothpaste, deodorant, toilet paper, dish soap, etc. are technically "needs" also needed by my husband so he'll get those... and he'll "share". But if he doesn't need it, I don't get it. Although I think I am going to try and cut paper towels out of my life. I have nice napkins that never get used, and I think paper towels are just kind of wasteful.

Gifts:
Giving: "New" purchases will only be made with gift cards. They can only be used towards gifts for others, not myself. This is also in an attempt to use those things up! However, I do like the uniqueness of gifts that are "created" and personal... so most gifts will probably be "created" aka homemade or a mix of both :) I'll have to plan ahead for sure for this one... especially for weddings.

Receiving: Giving and receiving gifts is part of life I suppose. However, the idea of not buying anything for a year is in NO WAY an attempt to get gifts. As you'll read below, there are certain things I get for work anyway... so it's going to happen, and as far as I'm concerned it's just another opportunity to be resourceful! ha
**one in! one out... If a gift comes in - a gift must go out.



New Running shoes. I am training for the Grand Columbian Triathlon so I will need new running shoes. Luckily, I am fortunate enough to work for an athletic company that ensures and requires that I always have good shoes... These two look pretty awesome... Gotta love Neon.

                                                            

Welcome to the Family my Little purple people eaters

No comments:

Post a Comment