The chief enemy of creativity... is "good" sense. ~Pablo Picasso

...and into the first turn

In my inbox. From my Dad. Totally Free. Totally Awesome.

I told her hello on a great fall day 
You’re Ann you know 
And you’ve come to stay
I know I’m Ann she said with a grin
I’d love to stay if you'll have me in 
I promise to please and I’ll be prim
I’ve a lot to do shall we begin? 
We walked together she and I 
We shared a big Montana sky
A favorite book and a passage too 
We laughed I cried ..and both of us knew
a lot of years but way to few
A mind so quick a heart so strong 
Like a thorough bred winning its first furlong
She chomped at the bit raring to go 
Now dad she said… “you gotta let go.”
I dried my eyes as this wonder went
Out the gate just hell bent
I can’t forget that last fall day
I just remember what she had to say
“I promise to please and I’ll be prim
I’ve a lot to do….gotta begin…bye dad”

No comments:

Post a Comment