The chief enemy of creativity... is "good" sense. ~Pablo Picasso

June 1st wish list

The most asked question - after how the dog is... who is doing great! :) Thank you all! ha
So the next question is...

What are you going to buy when the year is up?

It seems like such a monumental occasion. 
It seems like I should buy something just because I can. 
But what do I really need?

Aside from some conditioner, mascara, and my favorite perfume 
(My obsession with smell... obvious)

Surprisingly enough, I'm not dying to buy anything in particular. I guess not anything "new". In fact, it's almost become such a fun "challenge" to find things "old"... it doesn't seem as fun to go shopping in a regular store.
 Just this weekend I was talking to some girls who asked about the skirt i was wearing. I had to break it to them it came from a thrift store, so the likelihood of them getting one of their own was slim to none. But when I told them about the whole nothingnewforayear thing you could see the wheels turning. From cool vintage tables and funky lamps... to outfits that you'll rarely have to worry about seeing show up at the same party - there's a lot of fun that has come out of this year.

Of course throughout the year I certainly hit low points. Moments where I wanted to be able to just pick up and buy something I saw online or in a shop... and maybe it's my bad memory, or maybe it's just that unimportant... that I can't really recall that many things that have been haunting me this year. 

I can only recall two things. 



And because I prefer "new" swimsuits... 


Although I would ante up for that tan and a body like that if it's for purchase :)

I've entertained the idea of trying to go to the grocery store with a list, and challenging myself not to go back to the grocery store until all the food is gone... Which would not only make meals interesting... lol. but it would also make me think more about what I really want to eat and not being so wasteful. But I travel a lot so it wouldn't be nearly as interesting as if I was home most of the time and trying to work it around multiple meals a day. 

I gave up sweets for Lent and when it was over - the flood gates opened! I'm almost afraid to do that because it's so easy to fall back into bad habits...

There are a few things I'd like to be able to buy regularly... as you can imagine, but for the most part... I really enjoy the thrill of the hunt.

I guess I'll have to see how I wake up on June 1st and let you know.

1 comment:

  1. I think you may find the same thing after sticking to a change in diet for a long time. You'll have separated what you really want from what was nice to have. This is a great idea for these days and the materialistic society. I'd love to see these in a book some day.

    And glad to hear Thor is better. Yay!

    ReplyDelete