The chief enemy of creativity... is "good" sense. ~Pablo Picasso

you can teach an old fence new tricks...

 I'm a thief. I said it. My neighbors left their discarded fence out by the street. It sat there, and sat there, and sat there. After dark one night, I stole some. Not all of it. Just a little... But I had an idea... and it didn't have a home or a purpose anymore - or so I assumed. Feeling pressured to keep the garage door closed while you work on a project out of fear that you'll get in trouble should probably be a sign, but it felt soo good. I had seen something while traveling a few months back and got a wild hair.




Then some friends asked for one made to look like the Union Jack flag... I say look like, because I got it wrong the first time :)



 and my niece got one for her room... using a little color license...


But there were more fences without homes and I had more ideas. 

So... I had a friend send me a wedding invitation and I almost died. I loved it. 
And so another home for some forgotten fence... and a great use (besides washing the cars) for my new power washer. 



P.S. if you're my neighbor, I love a good excuse to power wash.


It's not set up to play just yet. But it is the classic game of Cornhole... and matches the theme of her invitations! 

I love "trash". 

What can I say. 


No comments:

Post a Comment