The chief enemy of creativity... is "good" sense. ~Pablo Picasso

Disappearing Gifts

Forget gifts that last a lifetime! ha. Not this year anyway :) 

I came home the other day to a belated birthday package. Inside was an array of gifts that I could enjoy that would all "disappear"... that was the logic from a friend eager to help me on my nothingnewforayear journey. I was pretty impressed. Having been on this train since June, it was pretty insightful!


Gift #1 - the always appreciated baked good :)

Gift #2 - a "Jiffy" blueberry scented candle that will burn itself away 
(Growing up in the midwest I have an affinity for Jiffy blueberry muffins. I know they're not the healthiest, or the most "real" blueberry muffins on the market, but I can't tell you how many Saturday mornings I spent watching Gladiators, and WWF wrestling, with my brother, taking turns holding the rabbit ears for optimal signal, eating an entire tray of those muffins)


Gift #3 - A Groupon for Jamba Juice! 
(The most wonderful part of that... she also got a good deal!)


This whole nothingnewforayear has been an eye opener for me in terms of my consumption... but it's been even more interesting to see the interpretation of this from my friends and family! Obviously receiving Kotex pads from my dad was a good laugh, but I gotta tell you, the influx of baked goods flowing INTO my home, at an equal pace that they seem to go OUT is something I'm enjoying immensely... although it may require my training to stay at Ironman pace! ha 

No comments:

Post a Comment