The chief enemy of creativity... is "good" sense. ~Pablo Picasso

it's rubbing off...


Even though I'm pretty sure Peter rolled his eyes when I told him I wasn't going to buy anything new for a year... and he certainly hasn't "entirely" jumped on board... I think it's rubbing off, even if only a little. 

I awoke this morning to this beautiful arrangement. I say arrangement because I'm not exactly sure what the sprigs in the back are, and he doesn't know either, but that's kind of the point... You see, I love fresh flowers, but man, talk about a waste of money. Especially when you're leaving... today. 

In the middle of the night he snuck out and raided our neighborhood. No joke. I can just see him out there scaling fences, wearing all black, carrying a walkie talkie (just for show of course, since there wasn't anyone awake to talk to... I wouldn't be surprised if he held his finger up to his ear and pretended he was on some big bank heist... )

There were remnants in the trash of a few flowers that just didn't make the cut!  ha. We all know about the Bougainvilla's but I had no idea about the Sunflowers... I'll probably never know, because they're behind someones 8 ft fence in an attempt to avoid burglars :) 

and then... a big beautiful acai bowl the size of my head was laid in front of me...
raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, nectarines from Grand Coulee, strawberries, granola, bee pollen... a little slice of Heaven. Just some old favorites that couldn't begin to beat out new finds. 


Disclaimer: He just told me that he did not "steal" from anyones private garden. Everything was "within reach"... and that he does not condone stealing! ha 

No comments:

Post a Comment