The chief enemy of creativity... is "good" sense. ~Pablo Picasso

Kona bound...

It may sound glamorous. Hawaii for work. But it is the Big Island... not quite the tropical tranquility that most people think of. Think... black lava fields and black top. It's beautiful in it's own way... and I can't complain about the athletes that show up ripped and rearing to race. It's not a surprise why they call the beach where everyone swims the first leg of the Ironman World Championships, "Digme" beach. The people who don swimwear the week leading up to the big race... are specimens...

The downfall is of course the packing. For me, packing is like pulling teeth. Not just because I don't have anything "new" to pack this year, but because I just hate packing. I don't know what it is. Why is it so painful for me to pick out clothes. It's a daily grind for me...

Well, the good news is that last year we found and fell in love with a little "hut" in Kona that sells the most amazing acai bowls we've ever had (it's called Basik Acai).  And... conveniently enough we also scored rooms at the hotel next door which is also next door to where we shoot TriCenter all week!

                              And we all know the deal with food this year... it's totally legal.


I mean really... if you HAD to... wouldn't you eat one of these everyday??

Now we won't be feeling our shoes melt on the blacktop during the marathon, or fighting the winds on the bike... but we need good nourishment too... :)

And don't forget Ponchoman! He's our Hawaiian native Ukelele player. Here's a preview... things get kinda crazy around ponchoman...



and i suppose it won't totally suck to wake up to this everyday...

But just so we're all clear, no new bathing suits, no new dresses, no souvenirs... just good food, great company and a race that I guarantee won't disappoint. 

I guess packing for this trip means... I get to go on a trip... not so bad :)

And dad... don't worry I'm packing a bunch of your shampoo/conditioner packets. I use half the shampoo on my hair, the other half as body wash, and all the conditioner! You done good :)




No comments:

Post a Comment