The chief enemy of creativity... is "good" sense. ~Pablo Picasso

it ain't over... till it's over.

Moms love to be helpful :) I think once you leave home... they feel the need to be even more helpful. My mom is uber helpful. She's made curtains for my kitchen... I didn't even know I "needed". She took all the screens out of my windows and scrubbed them in the tub (frustrated because they didn't look any different afterwards) and unbeknownst to me, and TSA, she even surprised me with a bottle of bleach and a package of razor blades... in my carry-on... to help with that stubborn grime. I'll let you imagine how that conversation went.

Despite all that wonderful helpfulness she has bestowed on me, it hasn't stopped there. Luckily for me, she calls me almost on a daily basis with more insight. Sometimes I heed her advice. Other times, like when we were on the phone and she told me not to get a dog... I just smile and nod on the other end, snuggling his little face into mine. Today, I listened.

When I went to squeeze out the last few drops of conditioner... I just got that noise... and air. It's one of my new favorite kinds, and my friend Bethany's favorite too... and that feeling of sadness swept over me.  I was sad to see it end, but I was even sadder to imagine how much better her hair was going to look for 9 months longer than mine... until I remembered my mothers advice.

 I jumped out of the shower, grabbed a pair of scissors and cut that thing apart.


 Inside... was gold. (it really is yellow actually) 




There are at least 4-5 more applications. No Joke.

I just "bought" myself at least another week :) That means only 8 months 3 weeks of watching Bethany's blonde hair glimmer in the sun while mine... well, let's just not talk about it.






No comments:

Post a Comment