The chief enemy of creativity... is "good" sense. ~Pablo Picasso

Maybe she's born with it... maybe she picked it up at CVS


I thought it was over. I kept turning the knob and nothing was coming out. Sadness was sinking in. It really had been one of those products I worried about when I started this whole ordeal. I kept telling myself it was good to go without, makes the heart grow fonder right?

But when I looked closely... the answer was there. Surprisingly enough, it wasn't that hard to crack this one open! And shockingly it didn't break in the process which means I can keep it closed and make it last even longer...

I'm pretty excited about it actually because the way the liquid is designed to come out is through a sponge. Neat. But when I popped it open I can get more or less depending on what I need. 

I wanted to applaud Maybelline because although they didn't design the bottle well (not allowing for all the product to be used) they didn't ironclad the stuff in there rendering it impossible for the consumer to use it up. I thought to myself... it's because I'm worth it! But that's L'Oreal... 

I read the book What the Dog Saw by Malcolm Gladwell a few years ago, and remembered an excerpt about L'Oreal and how they came up with that slogan "Because you're worth it"... it's quite interesting. The short version is that one of the few women working for the company wrote a letter fed up and that was one of her lines... it stuck. 

And then when I did a quick little wikipedia on Maybelline... it's owned by L'Oreal :) 
So I guess maybe that tag line persists throughout their products. 

I'd like to think I'm worth something... Thanks for agreeing Maybelline/L'Oreal :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment