The chief enemy of creativity... is "good" sense. ~Pablo Picasso

The novelty of Fire

Armed with the best research tool I know... Wikipedia - insert sarcasm... but only slightly, I looked up "gadget"

"there is anecdotal evidence for the use of "gadget" as a placeholder name for a technical item whose precise name one can't remember since the 1850s"

Can't remember the name of "fire"?

Yesterday I was in Wal-Mart with my father looking for matches.
 My first thought was the paper plates and plastic cup section near the groceries. Nope
Then I figured back in hunting, camping, sporting... Nope. 
The guy behind the counter cleaning guns said "housewares, kitchen gadget aisle"
Housewares I understood... but gadget?
My idea of a gadget is something kind of gimmicky. When I turned to Wikipedia they called a gadget something that was more like a "novelty". That's what I meant. 
Is fire a novelty??? 
I thought it was funny... thought you might get a kick out of it too...
:) 






No comments:

Post a Comment