The chief enemy of creativity... is "good" sense. ~Pablo Picasso

Target, until next year...

Oh the times I've walked through your doors to pick up toothpaste and a card, and walked out $60 later with a cute new clutch, a dress from the clearance aisle, 2 boxes of Velveeta Shells and Cheese for $5 (even though they're normally $2 each... ) and that revolutionary new mascara that swears it will lengthen AND volumize, and not smear or run... If that is what the test market proved... then I'm the .5% they stipulate just can't be helped.



Well, farewell Target. It's been a good run. I have to imagine you've gotten enough out of me for the last 15 years, you probably won't even notice I'm gone. It took a lot to keep driving past that new facade and the cherry red signs beckoning me to try out your new produce department, after I've successfully perused through your always tempting clothing section, housewares, and .99 section...

In this case, it really is me, not you.  Maybe in a few months I'll test my willpower and walk through without buying anything, but for now, it's just too hard. 

Sincerely,
Annie's $60





1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see how this goes...there are some questions I have about certain products. Let's have dinner soon...miss you!

    ReplyDelete